|Attend Spring Hill Events
Each year Spring Hill invites its members to events at the farm or in the Twin Cities. Our events are typically centered around the work of the farm and sharing good food. Annual events include:
- Seasonal Work Days
- Fall Harvest Celebration in September
- Harvest Dinner in November (See the Community Calendar for this year’s dates.)
These events are a great way to meet other members and are completely optional. As with any visit you make to the farm, children are always welcome, pets are not.
Committees at Spring Hill
Spring Hill members are actively involved in the workings of Spring Hill. Members of Spring Hill’s Core Group and Community Events Committee are an important part of Spring Hill. If you’re interested in joining a committee or helping out in some other way, let us know.
- Core Group – This advisory group helps with overall planning and decision making. The core group sets the annual budget and works on long-range planning. After a planning meeting in January, the core group meets every other month or so throughout the season. Meetings are open, and all members are welcome to attend.
- Community Events Committee- plans annual and special events for the farm. Meetings are arranged as needed, usually 3-4 times per year.
Other Ways Members Get Involved
- Pick-up Site Hosts- Each year about 10 households offer their porch or garage as a pick-up site for Spring Hill members. About 10-20 households pick-up their bags at each site.
- Harvest Day Coordinator- Our harvest/delivery day calendar is coordinated by a Spring Hill member. This person schedules each household to come out to the farm to help with harvest and deliver vegetables.
- Event Helpers- Each farm event requires many hands. Work days on the farm may require crew leaders, meal coordinators, fire tenders or people to help with special projects. Every gathering requires people to work on set-up, clean-up and welcoming members.
- Volunteer on your Harvest Day to be a Host